Friday, November 2, 2012

When It Starts To Fall Apart, Man It Really Falls Apart.

I am painfully pitifully out of shape, I am almost a gelatinous mass, I could be one of the people living in space in WALL-E. This is not an opinion or something up for debate, I am very much over weight and and it's my own damn fault. This sounds bad and it is but it has to be said in these terms otherwise I will just allow myself to become even worse. Now there is some good news, tonight I took a small step to becoming a not disgusting human being. I found a buddy travelled around Yorkton and found myself a full set of hockey gear. Buying the gear isn't enough though so I also went and played rec hockey tonight and you know what? I was awful, I forgot that most people can skate in more than direction and know how to stop, however for this being the first time I had been on skates in over 5 years and only the third time I had used a hockey stick while on skates it wasn't too bad and had I have been an in shape person it could have even been upgraded to O.K. This was not the case though and I was damn near dying before the opening face off, I soldiered on though and made it to the final whistle with a lot of time spent on the bench compared to my team mates but there was a noticeable improvement in my abilities and I even got my stick on the puck a few times. I'm currently a little sore and very tired and it feels great, I had actually forgotten how  good it feels be physically tired at the end of the day. I can't have been the worst person to lace up the skates because I got an invite out to play more rec hockey and I'm most likely going to take those offers up because there's no way more ice time will do me any harm.

This hasn't been a new revelation for me I have known for some time what I am and what I need to do  but I finally have a catalyst to make this happen. You see after going almost 4 years without going on a single date there is a member of the opposite sex who is interested in me. There interested in what I am now flaws and all but this person is drop dead gorgeous and frankly it wouldn't be fair to stick them with the dead weight I currently am. This won't be an overnight thing and I have enough positive qualities to carry me through until I am something I wouldn't mind seeing in the mirror. Right now this looks like something pretty hard to screw up, but I do have knack for messing up sure things and even if I do I'll be a better off than I am now. And yes, I do realize I somehow managed to post two blogs in one week.

No comments:

Post a Comment