Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Your Future Fades And Your Minutes Are Few

I wasn't really looking forward to doing this post but I know that some better ones are on the way so I should be able to handle it. It is now time for post 4 "A Song That Makes You Sad". I had two candidates for this one. They are the only two songs to ever make me tear up when I heard them, the fact that one of them only accomplished this feat due to it's timing made it much easier to make this decision even though I much prefer the alternate song to the actual song I ended up choosing

Oddly enough I've heard this one 10 times tops but it has stuck with me

I have no clue as to why this song got to me since when I first heard it I was 10 and there really isn't anything in this song I can relate to. I am the oldest of two children and both my parents are alive and well. Despite the previous points when the final verse of this song ended I was sniffling in the back seat of the car. I am going to guess it had something to do with the fact that even when I was 10 I was paranoid and worried about everything and this song brought a certain set of worries to my mind all at once. After that occasion whenever I hear The Baby I will turn the radio off or change stations since that is the only place I ever hear it. It's not that this is a bad song it is quite good I just don't like what it does to me. That being said I haven't heard this song in years and am curious to see what happens next time I come across it.

I have a feeling the only way I am going to be able to select the next song is by listening to copious amounts of music and waiting for someone to pop into my head. It is also the first song that I haven't already decided on and I have a feeling it won't be a last. I hope it's happy I could go for another happy song. Also I decided again to not use lyrics from the chosen song seeing as how none of them really seemed to stand out for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment