Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Train Don't Run Through Here No More, Poor Poor Pitiful Me

It's groundhog day. Normally I would barely notice this day any other year but this year it is slightly more important. Today I start my Groundhog Day resolution. I decided January sucked so much that it was not humanly possible to follow through with resolution plus it will be easier to complete me resolution knowing that everyone else has failed already. I am not the only person who thinks this. My friend and fellow youth parliamentarian Marley (Who also has a blog http://tshs.wordpress.com/) agrees with me and claims she is starting her resolution today as well. Starting today I will attempt to fit into my grad suit again. This is a very realistic ask since it technically does fit but its very awkward so from this point forward I will do things that should hopefully help me reach this goal. This includes walking instead of driving for short distances and taking the stairs whenever possible. I refuse to diet but I will watch what I eat and drink more water than anything else. I am also in the process of finding a gym to work out at. I will defiantly have to start by getting my cardio up before I work on anything else since I haven't had a real run in well over a year. Another one of my female friends also decided to have a weight loss challenge with me this month. She will most likely win but it will be an added incentive to attempt to be healthy.


In mere moments I will be going out to buy supplies for a strawberry shortcake and special dip. Normally this wouldn't be noteworthy but tonight I will most likely be doing one of my favorite things for the last time. Since roughly the start of October once or twice a month I have been going over to one of my friends house and baking or cooking something. Generally a desert of some kind is made as well as special dip. Unfortunately the friend I do this with is the same friend who is leaving Yorkton for bigger and better things (hopefully). Her leaving has made me realize something though. Compared to 10 years ago it is much easier to stay in touch with people. Think about it ten years ago you could call, mail a letter, or maybe send an e-mail depending on if you had a computer that also had internet access. Today I can text this friend, use Facebook in various forms, I can Skype her, possibly twitter but that's slightly unlikely, or if I wanted to be old fashioned I could call her or send an e-mail but I won't be sending any letters. This realization makes it easier to accept that she is leaving but it will still be difficult. I will just have to hang out with the little man a little more or maybe I will spend the time I would normally have spent hanging out with her working out instead. I doubt it

Is it just me or are these things getting longer everytime? I'll keep that in mind next time.

2 comments:

  1. I love how this blog started with the beginnings of a weight loss journey and ended in strawberry shortcake! haha.. will the strawberries be fresh at least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Strawberries were indeed fresh and mixed with gratuitous sums of sugar. It's the thought that counts right?

    ReplyDelete