Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Daddy's Sleepin' And Mama Ain't Around

So last time I talked at length about what was going on in my little corner of the world and then put the song challenge result up. This time I'm going to switch it up by talking about Post 09: "A Song You Can Dance To" first. This is another hard one due to the fact that I can't dance unless copious amounts of alcohol are involved. I don't particularly enjoy dancing and when I dance it looks like someone having a seizure and a heart attack at the same time. That being said a select few songs have the ability to get me out of my seat even when I'm stone cold sober.
Did you really expect to see something hot and new here?

This is pretty self explanatory. It's a novelty dance that doesn't require more than one move and it's catchy as hell and it gets played at almost every wedding. This could possibly fall into the category of guilty pleasures as well. 


So who want's to come to Yorkton to go and see Gord Bamford next Sunday? I hope somebody does because our sister station GX94 is having a backyard concert and Gord Bamford is the main act. Even though this is a GX event Fox employees are allowed to go and since I happen to not be at work during the backyard concert I signed myself up to go along. Unfortunately I made a mistake when doing so and added a plus 1 beside me name because everyone else on the list had as well. It wasn't until this morning when a co-worker asked who I was taking to the concert. At first I thought he was mocking me then I realized I had inadvertently said I was bringing someone to the concert. I went to quickly remedy the situation then I realized that this was perhaps a great opportunity to invite someone to go along. I quickly remembered that I don't know anyone in Yorkton who doesn't work at the station but now that the idea has entered my head I want to take someone along. This is of course very unlikely since the show is in 7 days and I will probably just white out the plus one when I come to work tomorrow but stranger things have happened. So if you or anyone you and I both know want to see Gord Bamford let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment