Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Started Thinkin’ Bout The Rest of My Life

I Hope the Rest Of My Life Involves Long Scarves


Thinking about the future is one of my least favourite things to do but I seem to end up doing it all the time. Usually when I should be doing more productive things like sleeping or focusing on my job. I would probably be on much better terms with the future if I had more control over it, or if it happened to be just a little bit more clear.
     As someone who can't competently plan what will happen tomorrow let alone years down the line the future fills me with a sense of unease. There's also the fact that I am far too young to be concerning myself with such things but here I am none the less. If I were to fathom a guess as to why my future frightens me it would be because both my near and far past are filled with mistakes and regrets and after crunching the numbers it appears what is to come will follow the same trend of that which already is. There's also the fact that I am resistant to all change even that which would make my life better and all the future contains is an endless amount of change.
    As Joe Strummer once said "The future is unwritten" sadly my writing is illegible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment