Sunday, May 22, 2011

And If You Want To Find Me I'll Be Out In The Sandbox, Just Wondering Where The Hell All The Love Has Gone

So it has been well over a week since I posted anything and there is a very simple reason. I got stuck. For whatever reason I was incapable of finding a song for posts 6 and 7 for the song challenge. Thankfully my best female friend reminded me that they didn't have to be good memories so I now present the song that reminds me of somewhere as well as a certain event.


So the place is my high school and elementary school gyms and the events are of course the dances that some people might have enjoyed. I was never a big fan of school dances but I also didn't dislike them. If I was forced to take an official stance it would be neutral. The only reason I ever went to these things is because I really didn't go out much in elementary school so these were rare occasions to do something besides sit in my house on a Friday night. The first time I went to one of these I was over joyed it was fun there was junk food and people and music. I was having a grand time until this song came on and ever since that moment dances in general have gone downhill from there. What was everyone just mingling and jumping around became everyone scrambling to find a partner. As luck would have it there happened to be an almost perfect ratio of boys to girls unfortunately there was an uneven number of participants. This was the first of many times I was the odd man out and it seems that ever since then 9 out f 10 times whenever the number of people doesn't work out I end up on the short end of the stick. As well at this dance and even still today I have an aversion to asking people to be my partner in anything so really the reason I'm the odd man out is my own fault.

So the first dance and the first time I heard this song at a dance was a hint of things to come. The same applies to the second dance and playing of the song except it was a new lesson this time. Having learned from past mistakes I now knew that I would have to go outside my comfort zone put myself out there and take a chance unless I wanted to watch from the walls again. However I was shocked to find out that nobody wanted to dance with the weirdest kid in class and I was promptly sent to the wall feeling worse than I did at the previous dance. The same cycle of hesitating and hoping for the best a few times then taking a chance and failing more or less continues to this day and I now find a reason to use the bathroom when this and any other Aerosmith song plays at various types of dances.

No comments:

Post a Comment