Sunday, May 8, 2011

Don't You Ever Feel Sad, Lean On Me When Times Get Bad.

Well how fortunate is this, I am in a slightly foul mood today and I get to talk about a song that makes me happy. If I was so inclined and believed that people would be interested in it I could make a list of the 25 songs that make me happy however it is possible to have too much of a good thing so I will try and stick to one. The song I have decided to go with comes from one of my favorite movies of all time The Blues Brothers and pretty much any song performed in the film could have been used. Interestingly enough the song I'm going with is only heard in the background on the radio but nonetheless it stood out and sent me online to find the details on what I was hearing.

The more innuendo the better!

Hold On I'm Comin' is just one of the many hits Sam & Dave had, their most famous work is Soul Man which has been covered by every blues and soul singer over the last 40 years. One of the reasons this song is so great is because and Sam & Dave were recording with Stax records at the time. Most times the label an artist is recording with doesn't make a difference but Stax is the exception due to the fact that they had Booker T and the MG's as their in house band meaning that almost every artist at Stax got some help from the MG's.

Last post I talked about how I usually love a song with some good piano in it but there is one thing better than someone tickling the ivories and that
my friends is a horn section. It may have something to do with the band classes I took back in high school but if a song has some horns I'm sold. How can this song not make a person happy it's upbeat it has some horns and is chock full if innuendo. This is one of those songs that can dictate what kind of day you will have if you get the privilege of hearing it first thing in the A.M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment