Saturday, November 17, 2012

I Am Tired Of Waiting

Usually I go on a tangent and then talk about the song choice but today I'm doing it the other way around. It's Post 16: "A Song That You Used To Love But Now Hate"


Beep Beep Motherfucker

This is the first Beatles song I was ever really aware of thanks to the "Beep Beep Yeah" being used in a radio jingle. The Beatles are great but this song isn't, I have no real memories good or bad associated with this song it's pretty boring and bland which are really the only things a song shouldn't be. If it wasn't for the album appearing as the default image for the video I wouldn't have remembered what album it was off of or if it was even on an album. All that being said I don't really hate this song, I am just indifferent to it iTunes says I have played it 6 times since January 2010. I also never really loved this song either I just enjoyed it a lot, I ended up choosing it because I don't have any strong negative feelings towards anything I have loved including music. Drive My Car just happens to have the largest gaps between how highly I used to think of it in the past and how ambivalent I am to it now. I also couldn't find any lyrics from this one to use as a title.

I can't think of a decent segue to my next topic and I don't want to beat around the bush so I will just come out and say it. I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND IT'S AWESOME!!! 
O.K. I'm glad I got that out of the system, I haven't gone and shouted this from the mountaintops and this is the public place I have put this statement out on so far. I am purposefully keeping this on the down low and on a need to know basis since it has always annoyed the hell out of me when others constantly crow about how awesome their significant other is and how theirs is better than yours and if you don't have one then your really up shit creek. Plus it is always fun to see people's reactions when they find out you have kept this kind of information from them. Still I will admit that it's hard not weave in mentions of the fact I have a girlfriend into every single conversation I have, but for the most part I have managed to avoid it, for now.
For some strange reason I find it easier to type out my thoughts and feelings in a semi-public place than it is to tell them to another human being in private so I apologize in advance for the inevitable posts about first world problems and the mundane aspects of relationships, I am almost certain the next post will address the fallacy that is normality, that being said plans were made to be broken.




No comments:

Post a Comment