Thursday, June 2, 2011

It's These Expressions I Never Give, That Keep Me Searching For a Heart of Gold

I am not dead. I am aware that I have chosen a very odd statement to start this off with and I am sure nobody actual doubted my vitality but it has been said if you don't have an online presence you aren't really alive and at the moment I have no presence. In fact this is the first time since last Sunday that I have posted anything online at all. I also haven't seen what others have posted except for the blogs I subscribe to. Its a state of self exile that came to be for two reasons. First in the span of two or three days I had 5 things happen that on their own are inconsequential and would be almost non-issues but combined in a short frame of time made it so that I was better off not having a way to spew words forth to everyone I know. Second I noticed that the only reason social media exists is to make points and argue about stuff. I have enough stuff to deal with without arguing everything from which kind of ice cream is better to the various political ideologies. I will admit from time to time I enjoy arguing but that's only when it involves people who are articulate and knowledgeable in the topic at hand or at least can add something to the conversation. This is not the case with 98% of the arguments so for the time being I shall remain in exile except for blogs.

This is post 8: A Song You Know All The Words To. This should be incredibly easy seeing as how I know the words to a bunch of songs. However it's a case of I have too many to choose from so I decided to go with one I can play and sing and that always seems to get requested when I whip Neil out. Considering my guitars name this song is fitting

This song also comes from my second favorite Neil Young album

This is also one of the few songs I don't mind playing when it's requested since it's actual quite enjoyable to play. It is easily recognizable, it is mainly chords but also has an easy fill, and everyone knows it. When I first learned how to play Heart of Gold I could also sing almost exactly like Neil Young. This is no longer the case but I still break it out whenever I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment