Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Do You Wanna Be Somebody Else?

So here is one I have been ready to do for a little while now. It's Post 11 "A song from a band you hate". I am actually really excited for this one since I am very opinionated when it comes to music and there is tons of stuff I dislike and even despise but there are very few artists I hate. In order for me to hate something there has to be no redeeming qualities or merit to anything the group has ever put out and there is only one group I can truly say this applies to.

I feel gross just putting this video on here. My blog has been violated!

My problem with Simple Plan boils down to one simple point. They are the biggest posers in the world. If you look and listen to what they do you see they release an album of music that is whatever is popular at the moment. Their first album was a cheap Blink-182 or Sum 41 rip off and had all their albums been that I wouldn't have that much of a problem with Simple Plan. Heck even on their second album which was a bit darker and sounded exactly like Billy Talent wasn't too large of a departure. Then they officially become shape shifting clones after their third album when they went almost complete pop because that's what was selling at the time. Simple Plan is the equivalent to guy who cheers for whatever won the Superbowl or respective championship and completely denies and forgets cheering for a different team the year before. We all know that person and we all have utter disdain for them since they have no opinion/style of their own and that's Simple Plan in a nutshell.

So I'm back home for a few weeks and I decided to not tell anyone except for a select few that I was returning and so far I am glad that's how I decided to handle it. Usually whenever I come home my phone goes off constantly and I find myself running all over to please everyone. This time I have spent two days at home relaxing, recharging, and recuperating. This does not mean I will not tell my friends and acquaintances that I am in the area since that would mean I would end up on the opposite side of the scale and see no one which would be no fun at all.

I've come out of internet exile and am now checking Facebook at least once a day just to see what everyone is doing. When I was in exile I nearly went insane a few times since I have a compulsive need to know everything about everyone which is rather inconvenient when you know people are telling and keeping secrets but I digress. I did go on Facebook a few times during exile to find out required information for a few events and to fulfill social customs and wish friends Happy Birthdays. I'm glad I went into exile for a little while since I now no longer feel the need to check Facebook every hour. The same applies to Twitter which I haven't returned to except to delete all links to my blog since I have decided I don't want future employers and random followers knowing most of the things I talk about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment