Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Why The Hate on For A Shirt and Tie?

Don't ask me why but I find an immense amount of joy in wearing a shirt and tie. When I say shirt and tie I don't mean a suit I mean a dress shirt dress pants and a tie. Last time a looked a have at least 12 different dress shirts and probably 20 ties. Part of the reason for the ties is the late great Barry Drake who claimed to have a different tie for everyday of the year. I doubt I will reach this goal but if I have enought ties for every day of the month I will be a happy man.

Today I decided to break out a nice light blue shirt with a striped tie to match I was quite happy with it's appearance. I go into work not expecting anything to be said since numerous people in the building wear a shirt and tie. I was wrong. I received nothing but flak over the fact that I had on a matching shirt and tie as if I was wrong and out of line for trying to look professional. I am unsure if it is because I am the youngest person on our side or if it is because I am in a position that is not sales? Or maybe it's because I am not required to wear a shirt and tie and most people view a shirt and tie as some kind of restraint that no person would willingly choose to wear?

Am I crazy for enjoying a shirt and tie and the different combination's of pattern and colour or is everyone else just bitter about having to use buttons?

No comments:

Post a Comment