Friday, January 21, 2011

I've got a smile on my face and I've got four walls around me,

I need to find a constructive use of my free time. Seriously all I do in my free time is sleep and mess around on my computer and I cook if I feel really ambitious. This didn't use to be a problem when I was in P.A. or Saskatoon but here in Yorkton it is mainly because everyone I know is either married possibly with kids or they work when I don't. I cold try finding a hobby but nothing really jumps out at me I will most likely get back into playing guitar again. The first step will be picking up strings and such and I think old Neil (Young not Diamond) needs a proper tune up so I will be looking into that in the near future after that I will hopefully spend at least a half hour daily plucking strings and strumming chords but I don't expect anything until the first or second week of February.

I personally think New Years resolutions have some merit to them in the sense that it is good to set goals and strive to be a better person but I have never been a fan of the January 1st start date since January is arguably the most depressing month of the whole year. That is why this year I chose the equally arbitrary but possibly more symbolic Groundhog Day to start my resolution. Another reason for choosing Groundhog Day is that my resolution requires me to go to the gym and I am hoping by February a chunk of the other resolutioners have flunked out which would mean a less crowded gym. There is a chance I will change my resolution from be fit enough to play Rugby to something different but I highly doubt it unless I come up with something really good.

Tata for now.

1 comment:

  1. I also like the groundhog day start date. I am a fan of this idea, and may be also posting my own resolutions on groundhog day. Let's start a trend!

    ReplyDelete