Tuesday, February 22, 2011

And I'll Never Promise Anything Again

I am having another strange experience at home. I decided I would come home to P.A. for a few days despite the fact that my family won't be home for another hour and I have been here since Sunday night. One of the things I always like about coming home is that it always seems like my favorite things were eaten for supper a day or two before I arrived and because I come from a family of functioning alcoholics I will be offered an alcoholic beverage of my choice. When I arrived home I knew nobody would be here but I wasn't quite prepared for how weird it would be. Before I go on I should also mention that my parents left last Sunday my sister left on Wednesday and the girl that is staying with us left Friday. So one of the first things I noticed was that the house smelled different so I decided to wander around and discovered the smell was dirty dishes and stale bread. I decided to check the fridge to see if there was anything I could whip up quickly to eat. There may have been I don't know but I know that the fridge smelled awful thanks to ancient leftovers and rotten vegetables. I decided that since I was here and things needed cleaned I would do the dishes and get rid of some of the other clutter and mess scattered around the house. After doing this I decided that a drink would be nice so I went to the holy cabinet and decided that a nice rye and coke or rye and ginger to help relax. I was happy to find that there was a nice full bottle in the cupboard unfortunately it was unopened and I just couldn't bring myself to break the seal so I instead decide to try something I have never tried before and it wasn't all that bad so it wasn't a total loss.

It's my favorite time of the year right now. That's right folks it's political attack ad season! Both the Conservative Party federally and the NDP provincially have decided to either defend their honor and stop an election or gear up for a scheduled election. It's all very serious stuff but I still find it amusing since neither of them are very effective. However after seeing these ads I am very glad that we don't follow the American style of political ads. Ours are kind of bland and boil down to vote for us and not the other guys are almost identical to us and run for about a week. On the other hand American ad's a very angry and boil down to don't vote for the other jack wagon who is possibly a Nazi and run for almost a year sometimes. It will be interesting to see what happens this year. I know I will be voting for the first time in the fall provincially at the latest but there is always a chance that I will be voting federally before that thanks to the joys of the minority government.

No comments:

Post a Comment