Tuesday, February 8, 2011

You Can Ponder Perpetual Motion, Fix Your Mind On a Crystal Day

I have decided I will write about leaf next time when the whole saga is over. Also I won't rant about Jack-O I will instead describe how I entertain myself now. It's called small acts of torture and I stole the idea from a Stuart McLean story. It works like this everyday I do things that by themselves are no big deal or would go unnoticed however in conjunction with everything else or by doing them everyday they become things that drive you insane. One example would be baking once a week and always making something the person your torturing hates. If they confront you about your evil it is easy to turn the tables. One that I enjoy is changing the setting on Jack-O's laptop whenever he isn't around and leaves it out in the open specifically his internet settings. Every time this happens he gets frustrated and blames the router or the stupid computer for not letting him go online. Another fun one is shutting off the lights when they are still in the room. You don't do it every time just once every day or two. I am able to think of new ones everyday some are mostly harmless and usable in this situation others are quite malicious and not applicable.

I am undoubtedly paranoid. If you ever want to scare the crap out of me send me a text or leave a message saying, call me its urgent. My boss likes to send me texts at 6 A.M. saying are you coming in today I need to talk to you it's important. Every time I get that message I think I am about to be fired even if I haven't done anything wrong I blow everything out of proportion. The other day my dad text-ed me saying call me when your free it's important. I thought somebody had died it turned out he wanted to know if I had something he had asked me to do the day before (which I had). I would be so much happier if there was some way of including a rating at the end on how dire the conversation will be. From now on when I send a call me message I will include a number at the end of the message between 1 and 10. 1 being the burger I just ate was really delicious and 10 being your whole family fell off a cliff and died. So next time I leave a message that says call me when you get a minute 3 you will know not to freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment